Tuesday, September 02, 2008

There are 7 words one never wants to hear on a long trip, do ya know what they are? Welp, I'ma gonna tell ya...
First 4 are...
"Are We There Yet"
and
"How Much Longer"
I think I am gonna put a counter in the truck the next time just so I can see how many times those 7 words are said. It had to be close to 100 times, and that was even before the New York State line. Lord only knows how many times after we crossed it.
And another thing that really got to me this holiday weekend drive..."Stupid People"! I know us "truckers" have a bad rep when it comes to the highways and from all I seen this here weekend its no wonder. Hell, one truck had a hole in the tire so big that I could of put my head in it. It was about to come off at anytime. But I do have to say that was about the only dumb ass trucker I seen. No, who I am talking about are those ones who think they better fly to get ahead of everyone due to road work. Ya know the kind I'ma a talking about. You see a sign that says in big ol' bold letters...
"WORK ZONE 2 MILES AHEAD"
So, what do they all do, fly past ya and cause one hell of a bottle neck jam.If ya dont have a flashing red light on top your car or truck, get your ass over in the open lane and ride it out.
And another thing, if I let ya in, ya best say thanx or at least wave, cuz if ya dont, I'll get ya back up the road one way or another. I find it kinda amazing what a big ol', spit soaked, half a can of fresh "Cope" looks like on the front of a windshield going about 80 down the interstate looks like!!!
Big Man Out

No comments: